Timeline of childhood milestones for ages 2 months – 5 years
– 2 Months: Smiles at the sound of your voice and follows you with their eyes as you move around a room.
– 3 Months: Raises head and chest when lying on stomach, grasps objects, smiles at other people.
– 4 Months: Babbles, laughs, and tries to imitate sounds; holds head steady.
– 6 Months: Rolls from back to stomach and stomach to back, moves objects from hand to hand.
– 7 Months: Responds to own name, finds partially hidden objects.
– 9 Months: Sits without support, crawls, babbles “mama” and “dada”.
– 12 Months: Walks with or without support, says at least one word, enjoys imitating people.
– 18 Months: Walks independently, drinks from a cup, says at least 15 words, points to body parts.
– 2 Years: Runs and jumps, speaks in two-word sentences, follows simple instructions, begins make-believe play.
– 3 Years: Climbs well, speaks in multiword sentences, sorts objects by shape and color.
– 4 Years: Gets along with people outside the family, draws circles and squares, rides a tricycle.
– 5 Years: Tells name and address, jumps, hops, and skips, gets dressed, counts 10 or more objects.